Pancake Pod is a Street food catering company based in Taunton, Somerset, specialising in traditionally cooked gourmet pancakes. Our pancakes are cooked and flipped to perfection in traditional hand held crepe pans over a hot flame! We don’t believe in cutting corners, and therefore our pancakes are made using the finest ingredients from local suppliers, including freshly melted butter to give a distinctive rich and creamy taste.
Download our fabulous new menu for 2016 PP 2016 Menu A4
Our gourmet pancakes stand out from the crowd! Packed with distinctive tastes from around the world, we take Street Food desserts to a new level. Our menu introduces fresh and exciting flavours from the fiery heat of Wasabi, to the piquancy of Salted Caramel or Habanero Chilli’s with Belgian Chocolate. We deconstruct all-time classics such as the Black Forest Gateau or Banoffee Pie, and create innovative new sensations for your taste buds!
Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for up-to-date info and details on where to find us!
Recipe and tips for the perfect pancake!
Makes about 10 average size pancakes (depending on how generous you are)!
- 110g flour
- 2 Medium Free Range Eggs
- 200ml milk mixed with 75ml cold water
- 100g salted butter
- Teaspoon of oil
- Mix the flour, eggs, milk and water in a bowl and mix using a hand whisk. Don’t over beat the batter but just enough to remove any lumps. In a separate pan, melt the butter on a low heat, be careful not to burn the butter as this can ruin the flavour. Once melted, add the butter to the batter and mix in well using the whisk – not only does this give the pancake an amazing flavour but it also helps to stop the pancake from sticking to the pan!
- Get the right pan for the job – preferably a crepe pan with low sides. The most expensive doesn’t mean you will get a better result.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan until it is smoking hot. Use a heat proof brush to make sure the pan is coated evenly.
- With the ladle in one hand, and pan in the other, gently add a scoop of batter to the pan, rotate the pan slowly to ensure that the batter spreads evenly throughout.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook for around 30 seconds to 1 minute – lift up the edge with a spatula to see if it’s turned a nice brown colour. Slowly run the spatula all around the outside and underneath to lift the pancake off the pan.
- Pick up the pan and using your wrist – flip the pancake!
- Return to the heat for another 30 seconds or so until golden brown!
- Serve immediately with your favourite topping – take a look at the new Pancake Pod menu for some ideas!